Availability / Backorders
While American Jewelers makes every effort to maintain stock of all styles offered, this may not always be possible due to manufacturing issues. In the event that we are unable to satisfy an order immediately due to lack of stock, we will make every attempt to ship as soon as possible. As always, any time frames provided are approximate and cannot be guaranteed. The customer is responsible for keeping track of backorders, and may contact customer service any time to obtain an estimated time of arrival.
- The following items qualify as special orders:
- Stone-set pieces.
- Merchandise altered at the customer’s request from what is shown in the catalog or online.
- Items offered in standard sizes which are altered in length or diameter to the customer’s specifications.
- Some items ordered in quantities of twelve or more.
- All name jewelry.
- Special order merchandise is made per the customer’s direction. Therefore, it is non-returnable, non-cancelable and non-refundable. There are no exceptions made to this policy.
- Certain special order merchandise may require fax or voice confirmation before the order can be processed to verify, clarify or confirm the contents of the order.
- Special order delivery times can range between 5 days and 8 weeks. Customer service representative will advise you of the expected delivery time of your specific item. As always, the times provided are estimates and cannot be guaranteed.
- Special orders are not guaranteed to ship with other merchandise.
Canceling An Item or An Order
In-stock items can be canceled the same day as ordered, prior to the shipping deadline. Backordered items can be canceled at any time before they are shipped. This does not include special orders, which are not cancellable for any reason.